True wealth accumulation dismantles the philosophy of, “let’s forget about tomorrow only to live for today“
Are you still frittering money away on purchases through credit cards by paying for ‘stuff’ with future earnings? Does the thought of savings (or lack thereof) still leave you squirming and feeling uneasy?
Isn’t it time to break free from restrictive habits and follow a wiser path to complete financial freedom and peace of mind?
In essence, has your debt overwhelmed you and made you finally declare, enough is enough?
Throw away the attitude of paying for today with tomorrow’s earnings
What types of financial mentalities exist? Let’s examine a few. Do you:
- Use credit cards to acquire the things you desire – and each month pay the minimum 2% of the total balance … forever
- See a desired item and immediately wonder if you can afford the monthly payment
- Quickly, conveniently and unconsciously buy as much ‘stuff’ as you can afford with current credit limits, without ever paying cash
- Essentially, rent your lifestyle instead of owning it?
The points outlined above can be extremely seductive in a consumerist society – as well as a recipe for disaster and financial suicide. As you accumulate ‘stuff’ through frenzied credit card purchasing, you unknowingly continue building negative wealth.
Bare in mind that when you purchase an item or service, someone immediately becomes richer while you are almost instantly poorer. Therefore it’s essential to transform your consuming philosophy into a healthy outlook which allows more conscious spending. After all, wealth is no good if wasted carelessly.
So how do we shift toward a more productive and sound financial lifestyle? Here are a few starting suggestions for any income level.
- Savings. Put away a consistent amount of income for savings (between 10% – 15% of every paycheck)
- Goal Recognition. Keep a clear, concise list of goals and establish a ’wish’ list – what you want now, in a year, in five years and in ten years
- Goal Utilization. Brainstorm a realistic way to translate your wishes into specific goals with reasonable deadlines
- Wise Spending. Slowly work toward your goals while investing prudently
- Reap the Rewards. Align your spending habits with specified goals as you continue focusing on making your dreams a reality
- Frugality. Keep overall spending habits down as your wealth increases
- Conscious Spending. Learn to avoid status symbols and other unnecessary purchases (what I lovingly refer to as ‘stuff’)
- Use Credit Cards to Your Advantage (and not the credit companies). Use credit cards with money all ready in the bank and diligently pay off the balance in full each month
Not all debt, of course, is inherently bad. When in doubt, remember that good debt has the ability to appreciate over time (such as low-interest loans to finance a home, educational loans or starting a new business venture).
Once you find direction with your finances, it becomes much easier to reign in wild splurging and get spending under control.
Now, today, is the day to plan for tomorrow. It’s time to lift away the shackles of needless debt and chase after your dreams.
Baby Steps Are Key ~†~ Stop sacrificing your tomorrow for today
Compare prices and read helpful product reviews to make smart buying easy through Ciao! – Price Comparison and Product Reviews for the savvy shopper.